This Strategic Field of Activity covers the applications of wireless and wired RF (Radiofrequency) telecommunications, communication networks, high and low-speed optical communication and data transfer security.
In communication systems, the ALPHA-RLH cluster has developed a very high level of expertise in:
- cellular communication systems using 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G used in mobile phones – point-to-point communication systems for making a directive link (often the case in communication between buildings, for example)
- communication using Radars or Lidars (based on reflection of a radio or optical wave onto an object, enabling it to be detected or analyzed)
- low-range communications standards: RFID (for reading tags from a distance) – smart networks and sensor networks for connected objects
- communications systems using visible light (VLC) or infrared, both directive and unaffected by radio wave interference (low and high-speed)
- Digital simulation Digital simulation and high-performance calculation for modeling wave propagation and communication channels in buildings, between buildings, or in the open, in order to measure components and installations for communications, optimize the communication of sensor networks (mesh or star networks, multi-protocol) in the IoT. These tools are also essential to software-defined radio, radar systems, or optical communications (by fiber and laser).
Finally, the field of communications comes with an essential element, which is data security using information cryptography or encoding, computer data protection, and protection for smart cards and networks.
These technologies enable manufacturers to offer innovative industrial solutions to meet the needs of the market.