ALPHA-RLH – The waves of innovation
The ALPHA - Route des Lasers & des Hyperfréquences® (ALPHA-RLH) competitiveness cluster works with companies and laboratories in setting up, evaluating and funding innovative projects.
The cluster is based in Bordeaux, Limoges and La Rochelle, and brings together talents in Photonics and Microwave technologies. It facilitates progress and innovation at the service of the economic development of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region.
It is based on six Strategic Fields of Activity and one Cross-Disciplinary Field of Activity.
ALPHA-RLH is structured around two key Strategic Fields of Activity: Photonics-Lasers (laser sources and procedures, optical components, instrumentation) and Microwaves-Electronics (integrated circuits, radiocommunication systems, radar systems), with the support of digital tools (Digital Solutions & the Factory of the Future Cross-Disciplinary Field of Activity), and promotes the notion of collaborative innovation for the purposes of four markets (applied Strategic Fields of Activity):
- Health (Medical Devices and Autonomy) : techniques for imaging, diagnosis and treatment, technological solutions for people suffering from a loss of autonomy
- Communications-Security : components or systems for data transfer, data and network security
- Aeronautics-Space-Defense : embedded optic/optronic systems, innovative solutions for making materials, communication, navigation, lighting
- Energy-Smart Buildings : solar technologies, lighting solutions, energy efficiency, energy storage, communicating or connected devices for buildings.
Collaborative innovation at the service of the economic development of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region
The ALPHA-RLH cluster’s innovative approach has accelerated our members’ growth and improved knowledge in the technological fields of Photonics-Lasers and Microwaves-Electronics in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
- 253 members
- 92 start-ups created
- 47 companies established in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region
- 2,400 direct, highly-qualified jobs created, and 10,000 indirect jobs created
- 979 projects certified for €1,517 million
- 453 projects funded for €848 million, including €382 million in subsidies