The employment platform
The employment platform offers two levels of service for companies looking for talents in photonics or microwaves:
- Posting job offers through a simple, fast submission system for companies
- Gathering CVs and building a talent pool of available applicants looking for work in the fields of photonics or microwaves. This service is reserved for members. CVs can be consulted by signing in to the member space.
PYLA: the continuing education center
The ALPHA-RLH cluster’s professional training center offers short training courses:
- Core courses, with over 40 courses in the fields of optics, lasers, and photonics, for all levels of qualification and skills: from beginners to experts. The courses cover topics such as fiber optics, lasers, laser safety, safety of artificial optical rays, imaging, optical metrology, terahertz waves, laser procedures, lasers for additive manufacturing, etc.
- Tailor-made courses, with a special team devoted to creating training programs in consultation with companies, according to their specific needs and field of application.
- Training for new trades created as laser and photonic technologies develop and mature.
PYLA came about through a partnership with The University of Bordeaux and the CEA. The teachers are all experts in their fields, coming from research laboratories, the CEA, and partner companies.
Courses can be held on the customer’s premises, or at the PYLA training center in Bordeaux. It is an exceptional training environment, with a leading education center shared with the University of Bordeaux: 500m² devoted to professional training in lasers and photonics, with unique facilities for a training organization.
In 2016, over 100 training courses were held, for more than 650 employees from SMEs and large groups alike, in a wide range of sectors: health, automobile, aeronautics, metallurgy, luxury industries, defense-security, laboratory industries, petrochemistry, energy.
PYLA is an active member of the National Committee of Optical Safety (CNSO). Its courses in laser safety and safety of incoherent optical rays are given by certified trainers.
In 2017, PYLA is extending its range of courses to include microwaves.