This Strategic Field of Activity aims to promote collaboration between decision makers in the aeronautics, space and defense industries and the photonics and microwaves communities in Nouvelle-Aquitaine. It includes PHAROS (Photonics, Microwaves, Aeronautics and Space), run jointly with the Aerospace Valley competitiveness cluster.
There are many fields of interest:
- The factory of the future (laser procedures on aeronautics and space materials, robotics, vision, optical NDT, re-modeling and processing of materials for Nondestructive Testing, etc.)
- Embedded systems for navigation/communication (lasers, optic fiber, radio navigation, radiocommunications, etc.), embedded optronic systems (display, imaging, lighting, embedded LIDAR, etc.)
- Sensing people (Night vision, remote detection, Radar, etc.)
- Imaging and signal transmission for Space and Astronomy
- Architecture of smart networks
- Digital solutions, at the center of great innovations for military and space markets via collaborative virtual reality applications for designing new systems
- Cognitics, for integrating human factors in the design and ergonomics of cutting-edge equipment
- Cryptographic development for security in communication and transmission of confidential information
These technologies enable manufacturers to offer innovative industrial solutions to meet market needs.